The physical therapy evaluation serves two primary purposes.
- To identify movement dysfunction
- To discover which tissues are at fault
HCPT uses a traditional approach which consists of:
- Patient interview of medical and injury history
- Review of body systems (heart, lungs, nerves, skin, etc)
- Movement pattern assessment
- Tests to clarify common injuries or tissues at fault
When appropriate advanced screening tools such as Video Analysis with biomechanical assessment and screening tools such as the SFMA and FMS will be utilized.
This process yields information that is used to determine cause of dysfunction (diagnosis), severity and projected time for recovery (prognosis), and what steps will be needed for you to achieve your goals (plan of treatment).